After the success of its inaugural event last year, Menopause in Aesthetics (MIA) 2024 is shaping up to be an unmissable occasion for aesthetic professionals. This year’s event, taking place on the 9th of February at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, aims to bridge the gap in understanding and services available to women navigating the complexities of menopause. This topic has surged to the forefront of health discussions in recent times.
Most aesthetic clinic visitors are in their 40s and 50s, a demographic significantly affected by menopausal changes. MIA 2024 recognises the crucial role aesthetic practitioners play in offering more than just skin-deep solutions, addressing the broader impacts of menopause on women’s health and wellbeing.
The delegate day rate of £199 plus VAT offers attendees access to knowledge through presentations and exhibitors, networking opportunities and CPD points. The event includes breakfast, lunch, hot beverages, and a champagne reception, ensuring a day of learning, luxury, and community building.
The Programme Highlights
MIA 2024 features a blend of educational and practical insights from leading experts in women’s health and aesthetics, covering everything from menopause symptoms and perimenopause to treatments like Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and the latest breakthroughs. These speakers, chairs and exhibitors represent the pinnacle of expertise in treating menopausal symptoms. They are set to share their knowledge on a range of topics, from testosterone replacement to the impact of menopause on cancer patients.
The conference is meticulously designed to guide delegates through the intricacies of menopause, covering everything from the initial consultation to advanced treatment solutions. Morning sessions will explore consultation strategies, testing, and optimal treatment solutions. In contrast, afternoon sessions will explore body and well-being changes, innovative treatments for female sexual dysfunction, and strategies for managing menopause-related concerns.
It’s also a comprehensive CPD-accredited educational experience designed to elevate the practice of those attending. With an agenda packed with expert-led panels, case studies, and sessions on the latest in menopause care, attendees will leave with valuable knowledge and 12 CPD points.
Outstanding Speakers Await
Again, This year’s event has a great line-up of speakers, each bringing a wealth of experience and specialised knowledge to the forefront of menopausal care. Some of the standout speakers this year include:
Dr. Shirin Lakhani is a renowned GP and aesthetic practitioner specialising in intimate health. These showcasing treatments alleviate menopausal symptoms with a significant focus on vaginal tightening and PRP therapy.
Dr. Ginni Mansberg is an Australian GP and menopause specialist who brings a wealth of knowledge from down under, complemented by her roles as a TV presenter and author.
Miriam Martinez Callejas of Roseway Labs, the event’s headline sponsor, will highlight the importance of customised medications in managing menopausal symptoms and the role of compounding pharmacies in personalised healthcare.
Miss Sherina Balaratnam, who brings over 22 years of experience in reconstructive plastic surgery and aesthetic medicine, will offer insights into integrating aesthetic procedures to enhance menopausal care.
Dr. Karen Doherty is known for her holistic approach to wellness and ageing. She blends the latest in regenerative treatments with lifestyle medicine to address menopausal symptoms comprehensively.
These experts, alongside so many more great speakers such as Dr Anne Henderson, Dr Nima Mahmoodi, Julie Scott, Dr Natasha Fernando, and Nigel Denby, will provide invaluable perspectives on managing the multifaceted impacts of menopause, from physiological changes to mental and emotional wellbeing.
Spotlight on Exhibitors
Central to the MIA 2024 experience is the opportunity to engage with pioneering exhibitors who showcase the latest advancements in treatments, products, and services tailored to menopausal care.
Roseway Labs, the headline sponsor, is the UK’s most comprehensive compounding pharmacy, offering bespoke medication solutions that cater to the nuanced needs of menopausal women. Their presence underscores the event’s focus on personalised care and highlights the role of compounded medications in managing menopause symptoms effectively.
Other notable exhibitors include:
- DermaFocus is introducing cutting-edge regenerative medicine solutions, from biostimulators to HA injectables, all backed by rigorous scientific evidence.
- Specialist Pharmacy: As the UK’s first and leading compounding pharmacy, Specialist Pharmacy offers bespoke medication solutions across various treatment areas, including bioidentical hormones, showcasing their dedication to personalised menopausal care.
- Advanced Esthetic Solutions: Focusing on platelet-rich plasma technologies, Advanced Esthetic Solutions presents innovative regenerative treatments that address the skin and hair concerns often exacerbated by menopause, underlining the importance of tailored therapeutic approaches.
- BTL Industries showcasing their leadership in non-invasive body shaping and aesthetic equipment, aligning with the event’s focus on holistic menopausal care.
- Medichecks: Pioneering direct-to-consumer blood testing, Medichecks offers private blood testing and health checks that can be crucial in managing menopause. Their services provide insights into hormone levels, nutrition, and more, offering a comprehensive view of menopausal health.
- Vivacy London: Specialising in injectable hyaluronic acid-based medical devices, Vivacy London offers solutions for aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, including treatments that address the skin concerns of menopausal women. It emphasises the role of advanced fillers in menopausal aesthetics.
- ESK Evidence Skincare is a premium Australian skincare brand dedicated to creating evidence-based and effective products for menopausal skin concerns.
These exhibitors, among many others, offer attendees a unique opportunity to explore a range of products and services that can enhance their practice and the care they provide to their patients.
Why You Need To Attend In 2024
MIA 2024 is a pioneering event specifically tailored to address menopause from an aesthetic perspective. It offers a unique opportunity for professionals to enhance their understanding and services in response to the growing demand for menopause-specific treatments. By attending, practitioners can expect to gain insights into the latest advancements in menopause management, from regenerative treatments to biohacking and beyond, ensuring they are well-equipped to meet the needs of this key demographic.
The event will happen at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, which offers easy access via public transport and roads outside the Congestion Charge zone. This central location promises to make MIA 2024 as accessible as it is informative and engaging.
Menopause in Aesthetics 2024 is wonderful and offers a movement towards a more informed, empathetic, and comprehensive approach to women’s health in the aesthetic realm. Whether you want to expand your knowledge, explore new treatments, or simply connect with like-minded professionals, MIA 2024 is the place to be.